Looking For Work
Thanks to the emirate’s consistently low unemployment rate (Trading Economics, 2022), Abu Dhabi’s has enjoyed great economic expansion and diversification, especially in the past two decades.
The Abu Dhabi job market has plenty of employment opportunities for people with diverse skills and talents. You can search for a job by registering on job portals, attending online job fairs, looking through classifieds, signing up with recruitment agencies and connecting with head-hunters.
Use UAE job sites to search for employment opportunities in all categories throughout a variety of sectors. Along with recruitment agencies, there are various job portal sites helping job seekers and organisations in the process of recruitment. Many also have additional resources like career coaching and CV tailoring. The following list features some of the leading job portals in the UAE:
- LINKEDIN.COM LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network platform and the ultimate hub for job applications in the UAE. It serves as a database for open opportunities, a digital resume platform, and a social networking tool all in one. The entire LinkedIn ecosystem has been designed to connect job seekers with companies looking for top talent. The website offers custom features to help candidates apply for jobs, build a network, and connect with people from the industry.
- INDEED.AE Indeed.ae is a UAE version of the larger Indeed.com based in the US and Europe. It caters to a high number of professional industries and sectors. You can find jobs, salary reviews and market insights in Abu Dhabi.
- MONSTER GULF Here you can search for jobs by registering yourself online. They also offer specialised services to improve your resume. Once you upload your CV, you can set up customised alerts for Monster Gulf postings that meet your criteria.
- GULFTALENT.COM One of the leading job sites for professionals in the Middle East and Gulf region. You can filter jobs by location, job role, industry, and seniority. They also offer value add-ons like UAE salary and hiring guides, candidate resources such as free CV reviews, CV building and helpful blogs. You can also use the job portal to find professional training courses in the UAE.
- BAYT.COM has many recruitment and career resources for job seekers, employers, and other manpower consultants in the UAE.
- NAUKRI GULF A popular job site in the Gulf, Naukri is a great platform for seeking employment in Abu Dhabi.
Understanding the Market
Before you begin your job hunt, it is essential to do some homework and learn about Abu Dhabi’s cost of living, UAE Labour Law sand the corporate culture. Dig deep into all sides of the business or job opportunity that you are interested in. Look at reliable company reviews online to get an idea of trending salaries to negotiate reasonable remunerations better.
Although Arabic is the official language, it is not mandatory for finding a job in the UAE’s multilingual market. In fact, Arabic and English are the most common business languages for professionals across the city.
Networking and Building Relationships
Use your existing network and start by contacting people you know. Living in a globalised world means you probably already have friends or acquaintances in different countries. Joining an industry association before leaving your home country might also be a good idea to start fostering new relationships. Use platforms such as Facebook or Meetup to find and build local networks and communities.
Approach companies and exporters in your own country who have offices in Abu Dhabi. Another option is to contact relevant companies and organisations in the UAE directly.
Professional Associations and Groups
There are many networking groups, clubs and professional associations based in Abu Dhabi and the wider MENA region that are dedicated to business and individual professions. These groups will have members with similar credentials or professional interests making it a great source for networking. By joining, you will also gain access to the group's events, publications, online resources, membership directory and consultation services.
Some of the major business groups and networks in Abu Dhabi are:
- Abu Dhabi Business Women Council
- Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- AmCham Abu Dhabi, the trademark of the American Business Group of Abu Dhabi
- Canadian Business Council Abu Dhabi
- American Chamber of Commerce
- Al-Sahm Women
- Australian Business Group Abu Dhabi
- British Chamber of Commerce
- British Council
- CCI France UAE Abu Dhabi
- Swiss Business Council Abu Dhabi
- The BeNeLux Business Council Abu Dhabi
- International Business Women Group
- Emirates Nursing Association
- The Abu Dhabi World Trade Centre